Recognized for exceptional health and wellness initiatives, DEI programs and green workplace
We're excited to share that Vena has been recognized for the third consecutive year with a TrustRadius Tech Cares award. The award acknowledges B2B technology companies that have gone above and beyond to support employees and communities during 2022.
The TrustRadius Tech Cares award focuses on exceptional corporate social responsibility programs, including:
- Diversity, equity and inclusion
- Charitable donations and fundraising
- Workplace culture, including model support for in-office and remote employees
- Support for environmental sustainability
“TrustRadius’ continued recognition of Vena’s inclusive and caring culture speaks volumes about the team at Vena, of whom I couldn’t be more proud,” said Hunter Madeley, CEO of Vena. “Our people drive our success, embodying Vena's core values in everything we do. We are fortunate to have a culture of incredibly diverse, inclusive and supportive team members who earn the trust of our customers, partners, communities—and each other—every day.”
Vena has mindfully cultivated a culture of trust within the company and has established several programs to ensure an inclusive and equitable workplace. Some of the resources and policies established to support Venanites include:
- A hybrid work model that prioritizes location-flexible work arrangements to accommodate individual working preferences, whether an employee prefers to work in the office, fully remote or a combination of the two.
- An inclusive parental leave program that offers all new parents, regardless of gender, 20 weeks of parental leave top-up, with options to take advantage of a flexible return to work onboarding.
- An expanded benefits package that allows for immediate access to healthcare benefits, additional paid leave, child and senior care benefits, expanded mental health support as well as health and wellness initiatives in the workplace. These initiatives include Summer Fridays, where all Venanites are encouraged to wrap the workday early to get a head start on the weekend. The company also offers all employees a subscription to the meditation app Headspace and provides health and wellness spending accounts.
- An organizational focus on diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) that encompasses a review of the language and tone of communications (both corporate and individual), bias-free hiring practices and inclusivity reviews to ensure every Venanite enjoys equal accommodation.
- Employee resource groups that support Vena’s diverse employee base, including Va11y (accessibility and inclusion), N4W (a network for women+), Melanite (for Black employees and allies), Spectrum (for 2SLGBTQIA+ employees and allies) and Mental Health (raising mental health awareness). These groups participate in a wide array of networking events, community outreach work, educational opportunities, support channels and more.
- Vena Cares is an additional ERG that works to help with the outreach of underserved communities, partnering with organizations, charities and companies on social impact initiatives. In 2021, these organizations included Second Harvest, Breakfast Club of Canada, Feeding America, The Trussell Trust, Black Health Alliance, Habitat for Humanity, St. Felix Centre and others.
- As a result, Vena has been recognized with a number of awards, including 12 Comparably Awards in 2021 (Best Company Culture, Best Company for Diversity, Best Company for Women, Best CEO, Best Company Perks & Benefits, Best Company Compensation, Best Company Happiness, Best Company Career Growth, Best Company Leadership, Best CEOs for Diversity, Best Team HR and Best Company Outlook). Vena also has received four Comparably Awards in 2022 (Best Company Outlook, Best Marketing Teams, Best CEOs for Women and Best CEOs for Diversity). Vena was also named one of Greater Toronto’s 2022 Top Employers by Mediacorp and one of Canada’s 2022 Top Small & Medium Employers.
Additionally, Vena has expanded its green initiatives, to include a widespread recycling drive for depleted batteries, foil packaging and waste paper. Vena also donates office furniture, supplies and other items to employees or nonprofit organizations, and has worked with the landlord of its headquarters to initiate an electronics recycling program for used monitors, computers and peripherals that are no longer needed or out of date.
“While the past two-plus years have placed a heightened awareness on community and inclusive workplaces, Vena was founded on the principles of trust, respect and authenticity,” said Shada McShannon, Director of People, Partners & DEI at Vena. “Being recognized by TrustRadius for the third consecutive year is a testament to every Venanite who supports our programs and community.”
"While the past two-plus years have placed a heightened awareness on community and inclusive workplaces, Vena was founded on the principles of trust, respect and authenticity.”
Director of People, Partners & DEI at Vena
Vena Is a Fun Place To Work. Come Grow With Us.
We’re hiring! Vena has offices in Toronto, Canada and London, England. Visit our Careers page for current job openings or follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter or Facebook to learn more about life at Vena.