As president of the CFO Leadership Council and the CFO at 26 companies throughout his career, few people understand the role more than Jack McCullough. In his business leadership book Secrets of Rockstar CFOs, Jack draws on his personal experience and over 40 extensive CFO interviews to reveal the common habits, skills and relationships of the world’s most successful finance chiefs.
Watch as Jack shares the Secrets of Rockstar CFOs in a CPE-accredited, on-demand video at PlanToGrow.com, a digital learning platform for business leaders and finance and operation professionals.
Jack explains why one CFO and her VP of sales swap roles each month to get a firsthand appreciation of their two very different sides of the business. He reveals why CFOs frequently sit in on product roadmap meetings, important sales calls and key hire interviews. And he shares how an early experience with a certain “CF-NO” inspired him to become what he calls a “CF-GO” and why aspiring CFOs should aim to be one too.
“A great CFO is an organization’s secret weapon: Best seller, best recruiter, best deal closer and best fundraiser.”
Find out why the CFO is the most trusted executive in a company and why the CFO-CEO relationship is its most important. Discover what makes a true rockstar CFO and how to become one for the benefit of your career—and the future of your organization.
Key takeaways you’ll learn from Jack include:
- Nine essential characteristics common to rockstar CFOs across the globe.
- Why integrity, transparency and honesty make the CFO a company’s most trusted executive.
- How and why CFOs should cultivate strong relationships with their CFO, individual board members and even fellow CFOs at key customers and suppliers.
- The survival value of continuous learning through peer networking groups, online courses, business coaches or mentors and more.
- Superpowers of rockstar CFOs that frequently make them the most effective strategist, recruiter, deal maker and fundraiser in their company.
Watch Jack’s Secrets of Rockstar CFOs session on demand at PlantoGrow.com.
Thought Leader Bio
Jack is an undisputed CFO expert, having served in the role at 26 companies over his career. He is the president of the CFO Leadership Council and chair of the MIT Sloan CFO Summit. Jack is also a regular contributor to Forbes.com and author of Secrets of Rockstar CFOs.